Saturday 22 February 2020

Windows Install

Is the 64-bit Node.js installer on Windows still a cluster fuck? The last time I installed node.js was circa version 11. In the install I checked to install additional tools, because I thought I would need them to use sqlite3. During the install, my computer was automatically rebooted at least a dozen times and I thought the installer hosed my Windows install. After I regained control, I had boxstarter and chocolatey installed. I have since removed node.js (boxstarter remains, the unistaller isn't present and didn't search the web to fully purge it). I'm considering installing node.js on Windows because I like the Windows version of Visual code better, but am wary of installing it again.

Submitted February 23, 2020 at 04:27AM by SlowFatHusky

No comments:

Post a Comment