Wednesday 26 February 2020

How do I implement a search function in my node.js web app?

Hi all, I recently startded using node and I'm making a simple web app for a boardgame with EJS templates (+bootstrap), every page is rendered from an .ejs template and is populated with data taken from .json database files (with game rules etc.).What I'd like to know is how do I "bind" a term to a page? If the user search for a specific rule, say "how to win", and my .json file contains the object with the how to win rule, how does the search engine know at wich URL that term can redirect? I know there are "indexes", but does this mean I have to "rewrite" my site in some other form with term -> url?In the end what is the way to add a search engine in node.js? where do I start?

Submitted February 26, 2020 at 09:29AM by Artemis_21

No comments:

Post a Comment