Tuesday 25 February 2020

Beggar HTTP Client Close to V1.0.0

Hi, I posted last week about my new http client module Beggar for NodeJS.Since then I have been hard at work testing and writing features that I think the community might like.Beggar's API is mainly inspired by Mikael's request. I also need to mention SindreSorhus's Got for some features like Request Cancellation.At this point I am very close to releasing a v1.0.0 but before I do I hope to get back as much feedback as possible before I commit to no breaking changes.Here is a list of features that beggar supports:* Stream support (Duplex - reading from and writing to connection) * Promise support * Implicit parsing of response body (json, string, buffer) (possible to opt out) * form and multipart-form requests * Specify number of maximum redirections * Basic Auth * Automatic decompression of gzip, deflate and br compressions (possible to opt out) * Can reject non 2xx statusCode responses automatically * Proxy support for http proxies * Request Cancellation * Extending with user provided default optionsI am very interested in knowing what features may be missing and what kind of defaults you would prefer in a http client? For example currently the response will be resolved regardless of statusCode by default. Should the default be to reject on non 2XX statusCodes?Anyways thank you so much to anybody who takes the time to look at it, and to everybody who did so last time when I posted. Hopefully next time I post it will be to announce the v1.0.0 release!Beggar

Submitted February 25, 2020 at 02:00PM by davidmdm

No comments:

Post a Comment