Sunday 23 February 2020

Question on validation vs sanitation

Hello node community!I am a network engineer learning node/express/mongoDB. Programming / software security is not my expertise.I am using Joi for input validation and mongoose for storing/querying data from mongoDB.I am currently following Mosh Hamedani's lessons regarding backend programming but have not seen anything on sanitizing input to mongoDB. I have also not heard of a NoSQL injection attack, and am very aware that blissful ignorance does not equate to security. This 4 year old link from stack overflow discusses it briefly however I would like to know how mongo sanitation stands today.Are there any good NPM packages that you all would recommend that would be friendly for a learner. I suspect that helmet will not be enough to cover me for a noSQL database such as mongoDB, and is more intended for CSRF / XSS etc.

Submitted February 23, 2020 at 08:49PM by Deadlydragon218

No comments:

Post a Comment