Tuesday 19 September 2017

What things should I know as a professional NodeJS developer?

I just started a new job as a web-dev consultant, having worked professionally with web development in Django (Python) for about two years. Since Python is rare in this industry in my area (Stockholm) and the closest neighbor Ruby (Rails) is on the downturn, I'm looking to learn NodeJS, with a focus on backend programming. My goal is to achieve skills roughly equivalent of someone with 2.5 years of NodeJS experience, as soon as possible.I'm having trouble figuring out what I should focus my learning on though. I know the syntax (including ES6) and some of the tooling (mostly the frontend stuff though), but since the core library is so tiny it's hard to figure out what to do next. I guess I could spend some time learning the top 20 libraries or something, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to architect actual applications (at say, 5-50k SLOC).If you were to hire a NodeJS developer with say 2.5 years experience, what things would you expect of them?

Submitted September 19, 2017 at 08:51PM by Ran4

No comments:

Post a Comment