Thursday 28 September 2017

node.js vs. golang, can those of you working professionally in the field give me your opinion?

The political messes of the last number of weeks has seen some mentioning Go as a way to escape to a "saner" development platform. I, as a student, am still forging my way into the industry but I still have the freedom to choose a path on the hobby side as well as course choices in my curriculum.I don't like a lot of what I have seen on twitter, etc. from some of the top people in node.js, but I have really enjoyed my school studies with node and was beginning some side projects all enthusiastic to see what I could achieve with the MEAN stack. But now you have got me wondering about golang, and whether I should just make the jump now, at this early stage of my career.So I guess my question, for someone still in college, with full freedom of choice what platforms to try to master and specialize in, what considerations do you see that should lead me more in the nodejs direction or vice versa in the golang direction.Thank you very much for a great community here and opportunity to learn and discuss. I hope my question is not too naive and something I should be able to research myself, but I didn't think it would hurt to get some opinions from people that are actually out in the business world already.

Submitted September 28, 2017 at 07:36AM by pikachani

No comments:

Post a Comment