Friday 29 September 2017

User authentication before email verification

I think my question isn't very node-specific, but because I am using node/express, I am posting the question here :) Currently I have a system where user can freely sign up without verification. I assumed that this system can be abused so I thought of implementing an email verification where I would be using nodemailer, or something similar to send a verification code and once the user enters in the correct code, the user is fully authenticated and can write comments and create posts. However, I am not sure where and how to store pre-authenticated users. They won't be able to comment or write a post, but when they attempt to log in, they will be directed to a page to verify the account with the email.should I utilize localstorage? I can't figure out what to store.Is there any other way to make sign up secure that a bot cannot abuse and cannot store trash into my database?Thanks!

Submitted September 29, 2017 at 09:31PM by some_coreano

No comments:

Post a Comment