Friday 20 December 2019

Any database-agnostic, high-level abstraction layers that can handle MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, and Postgres?

I'm creating a web API. I'd like to be able to do most of the prototyping in Mongo, and switch to Postgres for prod. With Redis for caching and Elasticsearch as the search engine.Atm, I'm just using the MongoDB driver directly for prototyping; the data that I'm handling doesn't have any sort of fixed schema. I'd like to switch this out for some sort of abstraction layer. Ideally, I could write all of my db queries for Mongo, and simply switch out the Mongo adapter for Postgres, Redis, and ES adapters as needed.I've used Sails before, so my first thought was to use Waterline as a standalone module (which I've never done before). Any other recommendations?

Submitted December 20, 2019 at 06:52PM by the_nicomachean_man

No comments:

Post a Comment