Saturday 28 December 2019

Why would one use nanoexpress over just uWebSockets.js?

So I've been learning to work with regular express.js, which I've found to be more than fine for most things, however I've started looking into faster alternatives because I wanted to attempt to build a simple game server that I want to be performant even on minimal resources.My search brought me to uwebsockets.js, and then nanoexpress. So here's where I'm confused, even though uwebsockets.js has this description "Think of it as a complete replacement to both Express.js and Socket.IO, written entirely in C/C++ for maximum performance and reliability", we also have nanoexpress which is a "nano-framework powered by uwebsockets.js".So I'm wondering why anyone one would want this "thin layer" (nanoexpress) over just using uwebsockets.js if uwebsockets.js is already "a complete replacement to express.js".

Submitted December 28, 2019 at 10:40AM by lemon07r

No comments:

Post a Comment