Thursday 26 December 2019

`npm update ` does not update package as expected--any ideas why?

Hi all. If I run 'npm outdated', it indicates one of my node packages (stylelint) is outdated--I have version 11.1.1 and the latest version is 12.0.1. When I run the command npm update stylelint, there is no change--I seem to still have version 11.1.1 installed (screenshot). Any ideas why that is occurring? There is no output in the console.My package.json file for the project contains: "devDependencies": { "stylelint": "^11.1.1", } Doesn't that mean the package should update to any version greater than 11.1.1?Maybe the issue has something to do with this being a major update (i.e. from v11.x to v12.0)?Just prior to this, I was able to update some other outdated npm packages in the same project, using the same processThanks in advance.

Submitted December 26, 2019 at 12:58PM by cag8f

No comments:

Post a Comment