Monday 23 December 2019

Accessing a Windows share drive (from Linux) in node.js?

Hi folks,I'm trying to access a Windows share drive from a Cloud Foundry deployed node app on a Linux stack (cflinux2). From what I have pieced together to do this requires the samba protocol.I've messed around with samba-client but can't get it to work because the Linux stack doesn't have smbclient installed. Not sure if I can somehow configure that through Cloud Foundry somehow?Ok cool whatever, I'll try smb2! Echhh, top of the description says it shouldn't be considered production ready and I'm not able to quickly access at work because its dependency is missing a license, makes our legal team sad :-)So what can I do: * Deploy using a Windows server - nope, sadly my company is unable to do this, it would be a fix though * Develop my own samba protocol implementation on node - holy smokes please no, I just want some files on a drive my man * Use some other approach I don't yet know about..?So any thoughts on how I can do this? It's driving me a little crazy, especially because I was trying to make a very lightweight node app to replace an ugly as hell spring boot behemoth but now I'm finding there isn't great package support for this process.Apologies if I have a butchered understanding of things, I hadn't the faintest clue about Windows share drives and samba a day ago!

Submitted December 23, 2019 at 11:57AM by codescapes

No comments:

Post a Comment