Wednesday 19 December 2018

what is the difference between a DataMapper and an ORM

I have been reading about different ORM's (I use a mariadb-cluster) . And there is much mention of datamapper as a design. After reading several pages, I can't really see the difference. Any ideas?I am using Objection.js right now, which is working really well for me. But I thought for more complex relationships for an API I need to build, another paradigm might make it easier. I like the idea of making a restful interface, but none of the info I want to build routes for are as simple as pulling rows from a database based on queries (where an ORM would shine, i think) I mean, would be ideal for a document storage db, however, all our data is in mariadb tables.​

Submitted December 19, 2018 at 06:25PM by s-keL

No comments:

Post a Comment