Monday 31 December 2018

Building a HTTP monitor | Help figuring out how to handle multiple monitors from database

I am looking to build an application that will take some values from a database and will run a certain 'script' using the values as parameters. The application is a website monitoring one. I am looking for advice on how best to handle pulling the data (url, timeout limit, ssl check boolean, how often to check in ,1, 5, 15, or 60 minutes) from a DB (mongo) then would run the check against the site. Currently I have a basic application that handles checks of an array of sites but it currently does not pull from Mongo nor does it look at how often it should be checking the site.​The script will output and save certain data to Mongo which I then handle with my front end application.​How best should I create a node service to handle the checks? I was thinking of a redis queue but that seems to not be the best option.​I'm really lost on this as I have never had to build something that required essentially cron jobs (my script/current service used `node-cron`)

Submitted December 31, 2018 at 08:51PM by jsdfkljdsafdsu980p

No comments:

Post a Comment