Saturday 29 December 2018

Code first DB using express and sequelize

hello all, I'm hoping someone more experienced can give me some insight on this.​I am developing on a windows machine. My production server is a linux box.​I originally set up my models and table structure using sequelize-auto, which allowed me to create my project with the db-first approach.​I back up my local db, and send it up to my linux box to restore the db with the updated db structure. Unfortunately, and something I did not consider before, there were certain windows specific characters that did now allow me to build the tables in linux.​Now i am at a cross roads. I'm wondering if I should use a code-first approach for this db, and if so, what are my options with sequelize ? Is this something that someone has experience with? My other option would be to rent a VPS and develop my db there on another linux server.​Thanks everyone​

Submitted December 29, 2018 at 07:29PM by Dasnowman1183

No comments:

Post a Comment