Friday 28 December 2018

sync() method provided by sequelize required in production but not locally

hello all, I am new to the backend and to node. I'm using express and sequelize as my ORM.​Locally, I've created an API that connects to a postgresql db to handle my info. this works fine, and I had no issues reading and writing data. I also did not need to use sequelize.sync.​Move forward to my production server. during the deployment process, i received an error saying that a table from our db script did not exist. to fix this error, .sync() was used and now this works on the production server.​I'm wondering if anyone more experienced than me could help me debug:why the table was not created from a postgresql db backup,what the sync method is fixing in production, but not needed for locally.I should also add that I'm using sequelize-auto, running db first .

Submitted December 28, 2018 at 08:49PM by Dasnowman1183

No comments:

Post a Comment