Sunday 30 December 2018

2D Multiplayer Space Sim Walkthrough - built with NodeJs/React/SocketIO

Hi guys,I have put up the first parts of a 2D multiplayer space sim walkthrough using NodeJS/React/MongoDB/SocketIO that some may find interesting.http://bit.ly/2Robz6J blog parts are so far are still in the early draft stages and have quite a few things that need fixing but it will be updated weekly. Right now it is in one huge long post but I will break it into separate sections shortly.It is currently up to part 15 and my intention is to build a full Multiplayer Space RPG game, with the blog containing the posts on how to build the entire thing. On the blog you will find a link to the test server (www.cmdship.net) which runs the latest version although at present it will probably crash or be down frequently - though hopefully will be more solid in a few weeks.I began building it and making it up as I went, then went back and rebuilt it again a few times in a more structured way. It isn't intended to yet be a guide on how best to do things (and in parts may be a guide on how not to do things), more just an idea of what you can do with just NodeJs, sockets and a client canvas. It may at times just read like endless walls of code but over time I will improve the parts to include more explanation.All the source code is linked to on the blog and free to use as you like, I've also linked the source code at each part at the end of a chapter. Project source: http://bit.ly/2GPrQxD free to contact me if you have ideas for improvements or find bugs and I will attempt to implement them where possible.​​​

Submitted December 31, 2018 at 03:57AM by dbdjsdev

No comments:

Post a Comment