Monday 31 December 2018

Reverse proxy your NodeJS apps on the Devilbox with custom domain names and valid HTTPS

Hi NodeJS community,I am usually browsing more r/PHP related subs, but as I've just finished the Reverse Proxy feature for Devilbox and explicitly wrote a tutorial for NodeJS I wanted to share it here.Most of you have probably never heard of the Devilbox, as it is more PHP related, but give it a look:Devilbox: Setup reverse proxy NodeJSThe above tutorial let's you run the application in an already available PHP container, there is however also the possibility to attach multiple custom NodeJS container (or only one with multiple projects) to the existing stack and therefore also make use of the underlying domain name and HTTPS feature.Any feedback, specifically on the use of pm2 is welcome, as I do not have a lot of experience yet with managing multiple NodeJS projects.Keep in mind that this is just my very first iteration on NodeJS support, so give me some input here about what is usually required to make a NodeJS developer's life easier.

Submitted December 31, 2018 at 04:40PM by cytopia

No comments:

Post a Comment