Thursday 20 December 2018

SQL Server to MongoDB RESTful API suggestions

I am creating an API that is going to have to get information from our local SQL server that is being called by an outside development company using MongoDB to store the information for the app to use.Getting the information using mssql and express to app.get the SQL data with a query (soon to be a stored procedure) to JSON format is the easy part now I am looking at how to best get this secured and delivered to the developers. The only requirements they have given me are that the protocol be HTTPS and authorization is to be handled by a predetermined token via a HTTP authorization header for all API requests.​I have looked into a few options that may/may not be overkill such as passport.js, OAuth, Auth0, etc.​Looking for some suggestions as to what will be sufficient and secure.​Apologize for all the questions as I mostly deal with C#/C++ and am not as knowledgeable regarding this as I would like to be.

Submitted December 20, 2018 at 11:51PM by Hellshing

No comments:

Post a Comment