Monday 24 December 2018

package.json and node_modules folder installed into my C:\Users\Me folder?!

I just noticed this and am not sure why they're there (I'm on Windows 7 and will downgrade to 10 when I have to). I did install node per instructions on Google's site for Windows, but it just seems like at least package.json should not be there... not sure if I did something wrong, nor why node_modules would ever be installed there. I'm not familiar with the Linux/Mac way it installs either, but I've only used npm (not yarn, which I think isn't even compatible with Windows yet).Please, if your answer is to get a Mac or Linux, I'll set up a GoFundMe link for you to contribute to.I also installed Git Bash from Git Extensions (awesome program), which I know has "global" config in my Users folder, so is package.json node's "global" file? It seems that could conflict with other programs' "global" package.json file if that's what's actually happening.

Submitted December 24, 2018 at 07:27PM by dyngi

No comments:

Post a Comment