Wednesday 26 December 2018

New to node and am having issues connecting to remote site

Hi all,I am in the process of learning about node and it's packages. One of the simple things I want to do is transfer files from my local to my remote (shared) servers via FTP. To that affect, I have installed vinyl-ftp.I've set up my gulpfile.js file as per the example given but when I try to connect I get the DNS error:Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND ftps.mysite.com ftps.mysite.com:21 at errnoException (dns.js:50:10) at GetAddrInfoReqWrap.onlookup [as oncomplete] (dns.js:92:26) I'm not sure how to fix this. Connecting to the same server with the same details via FileZilla works fine, I just cannot connect with node and vinyl-ftp.My gulpfile.js is as such:gulp.task('ftp-deploy', function() { var conn = ftp.create({ host: 'ftps.mysite.com', port: 21, user: 'user@mysite.com', password: 'password123', parallel: 10, log: gutil.log, }); var localFilesGlob = ['css-dist/**']; return gulp.src(localFilesGlob, { base: './css-dist/', buffer: false }) .pipe( conn.newer( '/css' ) ) .pipe( conn.dest( '/css' ) ) ; }); Would anyone know how I could approach solving this error?Many thanks in advance!

Submitted December 26, 2018 at 10:42AM by MeltingDog

No comments:

Post a Comment