Monday 18 September 2017

Looking for an API server code review

I attempted to use Express to make an API server for generation images. I'm not great at js/express yet, and would love advice/reviews on my code.Main PointsI want it to run fasterI want it to use less memory (looking at 600mb/day)I want it to be "best practice". Not so much code style, but how I'm doing things.Minor PointsIs jimp slower than canvas? I'd like faster results.Is this going to run better on a separate server, or as local host to the application using it?Would it be better to run a python script for image generation, and just use express to server it? I've been told python is better at things like image generation.Here is the link to the repo containing all of the code besides the keys.jsonps, this was cross posted in /r/javascript

Submitted September 18, 2017 at 08:19AM by Kerdaloo

No comments:

Post a Comment