Saturday 16 September 2017

Convincing work that Node.js isn't evil

I'm a junior web developer working as an apprentice (I learn on the job). The company I work for mostly uses C# and Java, which is fair enough, given the huge scale of their application. However, the CTO believes that Node and functional programming is the devil of the software industry. I completely understand where he's coming from with this. Going back to OOP after a long time with Node was great, but it also has its flaws. No other programming language has Node's ecosystem.How can I convince him that trying Node in the company isn't such a bad idea? I'm not suggesting they immediately start rewriting it all in Node. I just want them to try it.

Submitted September 16, 2017 at 07:02PM by _unst4bl3

No comments:

Post a Comment