Friday 15 September 2017

Continuous integration/deployment in clientside apps?

I have a private app built on node that is being run by a couple of different machines. These machines are remote, and all they do is collect data and push it to a database. I need a way to be able to update these remote clients without having to tell them to.Currently, I'm running a cron job every 15 minutes that runs a node script that runs a bash script to pull from a git repo, but this can cause issues if the git pull isn't successful, there are conflicts, or if I don't want to wait 15 minutes for it to run. I tried looking into a couple of different CI solutions, but I'm really unfamiliar with them and they seem almost like overkill.Instead, I was thinking of using sockets with a better git interface (nodegit), but can anyone point me in a better direction?

Submitted September 15, 2017 at 05:08PM by PortalGod

No comments:

Post a Comment