Saturday 23 September 2017

Calculating costs and figuring out cloud requirements for a node application

Small background: I have created a simple website in Drupal for my non-profit sports team. We have been running it for two years and we are paying around €150 a year for the hosting (Belgium).I'm a student and one of the assignments is to create a web application with the MEAN stack. It would be fun to create something that is functional, so why not revamp my old Drupal site? Aside from it being a simple site, I would like digitize simple administrative tasks (save competition data, graphs) and add some sort of newsblog. Our usage is limited, around 500 visitors a year. Blogs, adding competition data, etc. would only happen a few times a month.Since we have a limited budget, I want to find a simple cloud service without going overkill. How do you set benchmarks on your cloud service requirements? How do you calculate the costs? What's your course of action when choosing a hosting service?At the moment it feels like I'm going to try out different services and end up blowing our budget on trial-and-error. I hope some of you could guide me in some direction.

Submitted September 23, 2017 at 10:41PM by Tumladhir

No comments:

Post a Comment