Tuesday 14 February 2017

Overwhelmed With Testing.

Hi everyone, I decided to make my own post even though there are a few out there that would seem to be similar to this one.I'm currently trying to build a restful API but I'm overwhelmed with all the mocking frameworks and everything else, so I'm hoping to gain some insight.I have been using Mocha and Chai for unit tests, but beyond that I'm lost...Should I be using Supertest and mocking http requests with Sinon?Should I be using Sinon-Chai?Should I be using Nock to intercept the requests instead of using Sinon?Should I use JSON-server and JSON-Schema Faker?What else am I missing?I'm just kind of venting and hoping someone might be able to help and point me in the right direction of some sort of "guide" to setting up some of this to be used. I've searched but I always only seem to find articles with the separate parts of the whole "using TDD to create an Express app with Unit tests and Integration tests". I want to write great tests and be the best coder that I can, but right now I'm a little lost.Thanks everyone.

Submitted February 14, 2017 at 11:36PM by ThatsRightBud

No comments:

Post a Comment