Sunday 19 February 2017

Please help me think about my project technologies and structure

I have a dataset which I would like to navigate like a conversation. I'm now looking to make an app to consume it, which will require a UI, API & DB. If you've ever used a chatbot in a messaging application you know what I'm going for. I'm gonna create a webapp which looks like a mobile chat app where you can click on response buttons, eg: "what would you like to eat?" A:"burger", B:"salad". The dataset is very large so i don't want to download it in one go. Instead I would prefer to download each new document as the user selects responses/choices in the chat UI. I'm thinking of using redux & react to manage the page state and structure, but i'm still unsure of how to manage requests to the backend, and which database to store the data in. Would you recommend just using fetch or relay or something? What kind of db would be most appropriate for returning documents that can link to any other documents? Thanks for your help thinking about this.

Submitted February 20, 2017 at 04:47AM by basiclaser

No comments:

Post a Comment