Monday 18 January 2016

Having trouble deciding on stack for next project

Basically, I am building a social media type app for fun, and as a learning experience, but i am having trouble deciding on what tools to use.I have experimented with bower, npm, browserify, gulp, grunt, webpack, express.js, koa.js, sails, react, meteor.js, riot.js, and now vue.js, and holy fuck am i overwhelmed. I really like the idea of javascript fullstack.i have ruled out vue.js, because of the lack of server side rendering, and I am leaning towards using riot.js, because tbh i dislike react.js. I am leaning towards using sails, because i come from a rails background, but I would like to build a SPA on top of a REST api, with server side rendering. I dislike the idea of using mongo, so I will use postgres with some stuff being json.Does this sound sane? what is your idea stack for node.js? Does sails + riot.js + postgres seem like a reasonable stack?

Submitted January 19, 2016 at 12:20AM by phat4life

No comments:

Post a Comment