Tuesday 26 January 2016

Advice wanted for designing App architecture

Hi, I am absolute newbie in Node and JavaScript. I am trying to design a web app and before diving into it, I want to get some opinions for the architecture. Because I learned with a hard lesson that if you don't plan your architecture well, it will fall apart not now but in the future for sure.My app will have basic REST API with usual GET POST PUT etc. It is an API for updating exchange rate of different currencies. Users add currencies to monitor(POST). When it is added, system queries xe.com for the exchange rate and adds currency to user’s table(Mongodb) and show the result. User can update the current exchange rate whenever he sends request to same endpoint(GET). Also there is some sort of cron job or queue system that sends email notification to users per hour according to last update time of currency. Cron job or queue system should allow deleting or updating job if it is not started.For now I am using Express, Mongodb and Jade as template engine. I heard Koa but all the resources I have found mostly based on Express therefore I went with Express. I use request,cheerio and async modules for asynchronous html scrapping.I will really appreciate if you can give me some advice for the architecture or point me to some resources that I can check it out and learn. Thanks.

Submitted January 26, 2016 at 01:13PM by Lapter

No comments:

Post a Comment