Saturday 23 January 2016

concierge - a node CLI app to rename and tidy movies [x-post /r/usenet]

I posted this in /r/usenet but thought I might x-post here too. Sorry if it's not appropriate for this sub, please report / remove as necessary.So I made a node CLI app which renames and tidies directories with movies.Some notable features:it seems pretty accurate at identifying moviesits highly configurablenice clean code & has a rad plugin structureworks as a sabnzbd post processing script.I should say I'm an amateur coder.. and have never really contributed much to anything. In addition, I've only done a few tests with concierge myself so it's likely to be buggy as hell, as in “pre alpha”. I'm not looking for fame or fortune here, I'm well aware that this app has a really limited use case in it's current form. Having said that, I know I've wanted something like this for a long time, so I thought I'd publish it just in case anyone else is in fact interested.So you can find Concierge on github. The readme should have instructions to get you up and running.Just to reiterate, I've only tested this on my own debian system, so you probably shouldn't run it on media you'd be upset if you lost.I guess I'm looking for two things at this time.. Firstly, I'd love for you to clone the repo and have a go at running it.. I'm sure there will be problems, I just need to know what they are! If you do run into anything, run with “-logLevel debug” and create an issue or report here or whatever.Secondly, I need to know if there's actually any interest in an app like this.. if so, are there any features you'd like to see?

Submitted January 23, 2016 at 11:44PM by Mr5o1

No comments:

Post a Comment