Tuesday 26 January 2016

How do I deploy nodejs applications in production?

I'm trying to get up to speed on all the new web techs. I come from a background similar to LAMP. I've managed to get a few rails apps deployed over the last few years and now I'm trying to figure out nodejs. Specifically... deploying nodejs applications in production.I started working with Google's Web Starter Kit and I understand that this is just the front-end (it spits out some static assets). How do I "pair" this with a server side application in a production environment? Do I need to run two servers?I have some experience with AWS (specifically their elastic beanstalk service), and deploying rails applications. As in rails, we don't typically let rails handle the requests. How does this work for nodejs? Do I still use something like nginx?

Submitted January 27, 2016 at 12:21AM by neonlibra

No comments:

Post a Comment