Monday 28 September 2020

What is the best way to prevent cheating in node game?

I'm new to server side programming and I'm trying to figure out the best way to prevent cheating without overloading the server. I am creating a simple game similar to Worlds Hardest Game, basically there is a player and ai enemies and the player has to get to the goal while avoiding enemies. Right now I calculate the player and ai enemy positions on the server then send them to the client 60 times per second. Every time the user presses or releases a button it send the input to the server. Is there a more efficient way to do this? If I calculate the player and enemy positions on the client then I believe the user would be able to manipulate the player or enemy positions in the console to cheat and set an unrealistic high score. What is the best way to prevent cheating in the console without slowing down the server?

Submitted September 28, 2020 at 09:21PM by KushMuffin

No comments:

Post a Comment