Saturday 26 September 2020

Can you help me determine the best serverless solution for me?

TL;DR I’ve got a code that streams 5gb files from google drive to you depending on the range requested by the browser. I use google cloud run but it always says response is too large. I’m thus, looking for another sever less solution that’s allow me to run my code and receive my large responses all the same.I know putting the TLDR before the post would discourage you from reading but please do.I’m a node hobbyist, it’s just a private down time project I’m working on. I’ve built an app that allows me to stream videos from my google drive account to my browser using nodeJs. It’s sort of like a Netflix.Here’s the thing I wanna, split my code into 3 pieces. For right now everything runs on a VPS but I wanna take that down and be more efficient. Here’s what I need.1) all my information are stored in a database that’s like 600kb but would most definitely grow. Not what I need your help with but if you’ve got suggestions for free online sql databases I can keep my database on that would be great2) again not what I need your help for. The logic of the site you know loading the homepage, images, suggestions all that jazz. I’m thinking on hosting this on cloud run - google but if you’ve got a better idea that would be great. Here you can log in to have the site tailored to you.3) the streaming part streams a whole large 5-10gb file to you but only the range specified by the browser. Right now when I try to stream, cloud run says response is too large so I need help with some sort of sever less cheap solution I can use to stream my videos even if the responses would be large any ideas

Submitted September 26, 2020 at 08:35PM by Themotionalman

No comments:

Post a Comment