Saturday 26 September 2020

Server spec question DigitalOcean

Hi Everyone,Had a quick question that I was looking to get some help with. I have an application that is fairly basic that pulls data from an API, no additonal routes from a node perspective, just a single app.jsI have been using pm2 on a digitalocean droplet with 2vcp, however I was thinking, would it be better, from a performance perspective to setup multiple droplets with 1 cpu and have the load balancer sit in front of it?I also have questions about the 'basic' vs 'dedicated' cpu. I understand the shared is not guaranteed, however if say I was to have 3 or 4 droplets running with a LB in front, would this give me the performance / HA?Load on the servers will vary, sometimes its low but could see spikes of traffic that may go up to say 20, 30k users a day. This is just one part of the application, where we have additional socket.io servers, Redis, Mongo as well so this portion facilitates the PWAP portion.

Submitted September 26, 2020 at 11:13PM by Shoemugscale

No comments:

Post a Comment