Friday 25 September 2020

How do you deal with error messages where EVERYTHING is in the node_modules? how the hell am I supposed to debug that?

I've had this happen before, it's pretty common actually. Mostly when I download a new project or some sample code or something, and If I can't figure it out with a quick Google search then I usually just give up because errors like that are fucking bull shit and the code is rarely worth it.This time I managed to get lucky. I had a graphQL / Prisma project, and I tried to start up the server and got some completely worthless error"Syntax error cannot parse unexpected character "." followed by 100% of the stack trace being in the node_modulesThe actual error was that I had forgotten to run the migrations to actually setup the database. But I found that out by luck/chance, with no help from the stack trace.So.... do you just manage? or is there some better way to debug this type of situation?

Submitted September 26, 2020 at 03:30AM by fastpenguin91

No comments:

Post a Comment