Sunday 27 September 2020

PHP vs Node.js

Hello! I've done a lot of googling to try to figure out which is better for me to learn, PHP or node.js. I used to script in PHP for 5 years, but that was a decade ago and I'm looking at getting back into web design and eventually get hired as a web developer. I know that node.js and PHP are used for different things so there is no single answer to which is better, but as a new / returning web developer, what would you guys recommend me to learn first? Learn the newest syntax and changes to PHP or learn node? I am currently 2/3 of the way through the Web Developer Bootcamp on udemy.com by Colt Steele, and he teaches HTML, CSS, Javascript, and then goes right into node.js. He said that it's so that new students don't get confused by changing language and learning a new syntax for backend, but also said that the web is moving towards node.js. So far node seems great and I really like the NPM's ease of use and express and ejs are super handy, I just wonder whether its really the best backend language for me to learn first if my end goal is to get hired as a web developer.TL;DRFor a (basically) new web developer looking to learn a language to get hired at a web dev company, would you recommend they learn node.js first, or PHP first and then node.js down the road?Thanks in advance!

Submitted September 27, 2020 at 09:07PM by QC_Failed

No comments:

Post a Comment