Monday 24 August 2020

How do you write tests for node commands?

Maybe I'm using the wrong tools for this, but I've been working on a front end tooling running through Gulp. Basically compiles javacript, sass and a whole bunch of other stuff.I want to add some automated tests that can be run with Node and I've looked into using Mocha.js for this but I've been struggling figuring out how I can tell Mocha to run various gulp tasks and all my google searches just lead me to running mocha through gulp which is not what I want.I guess my question is, whats the best way to test Gulp.js tasks?I know an alternative would be to do this outside of the project, through something like gitlab-ci or jenkins but I would want to include it within the project if possible.

Submitted August 24, 2020 at 11:50AM by -noveltyhero-

No comments:

Post a Comment