Saturday 29 August 2020

Question for y'all regarding API keys and secrets

I'm building a web app with a node.js backend. I've built the backend API using JWT authentication and it's all working. The question isn't about how to store the bearer token on the FE (there's plenty documentation).The question I have is how do I store user's API keys for other services on my backend?The users will be allowed to upload an API key, the secret, and password for an alternate service to my backend API. At first I was thinking in storing them all as ENV, but then I don't think that'll be a reliable solution because I'm also going to be using Docker to spin up new instances of the app when necessary. Then I thought about maybe storing them in MongoDB as hashed strings, but I also don't think that's a good solution because I'm storing user's API keys on a DB.Can anyone point me in the proper direction so I can do this the right way?

Submitted August 29, 2020 at 08:32PM by MrPicklePop

No comments:

Post a Comment