Saturday 29 August 2020

Replacing XAMPP with node on my Windows machine - a few questions (hosts, GUIs etc)

So I made the move from PHP to JS a while ago. On my local machine I have XAMPP as well as npm/node installed. Up until a few months ago I was still using MySQL in XAMPP as my database but I want to uninstall XAMPP and move entirely to nodeJS on my local dev setup.So I will need to install node (done), mysql and expressJS.Questions: -Now that express is replacing apache, how I do configure it to run with domains redirected to localhost via the Windows hosts file? This was previously done via the apache conf file. Do I need to run a node server.js script that picks up the incoming request and then serves the request by running a server.js file from that domain's (www.mylocaldev.com) directory?Is there a GUI available for starting and stopping the mysql service? No big deal if there isn't, I will just use command line.If there is anything else I might have missed, please point it out. Thanks.

Submitted August 29, 2020 at 09:04PM by U4-EA

No comments:

Post a Comment