Monday 31 August 2020

ExpressJS (web/API) best practices: The nitpicks

Hello!I recently had a technical interview with a certain company that instructed me to do a coding challenge in the form of a small PoC. The test was a simple display of a list of Marvel characters based on the official marvel API. The data coming from the Marvel API should be cached on my own server that I use as an API provider to a separate frontEnd that i also have to create.Upon completing my test, i got a lot of complaints about my code not using the best practices. Although i did the following to the letter :separated the business logic from the routingseparated te external api calls from the main routingused environment variables for host, ports and API keysI did falter in some points like not finishing all the needed features in time (the extra features, not the minimum ones).​So now I got a second chance at another interview, this one is supposed to be much harder and more complex. I don't know exactly but it should include :AuthenticationA microService Architecture implementation ( they will ask me to create multiple servers and connect them together with possible synchronization)Load BalancingComplex UI: probably mandatory with reactJSMongoDB database implementationExpressJS based APII would usually not ask about those points, but after the first test, the idea of best practices has been haunting me. I truly don't know what I did wrong there, so I would like to know what are the best practices when it comes to the points above.I would like to know the macro, micro-level, architectural, and coding best practices. Please give me your ideas and experience

Submitted August 31, 2020 at 09:39PM by RARBK

No comments:

Post a Comment