Thursday 26 March 2020

Want to learn back end

Hello,I know there are many resources out there and have looked at the wiki/other guides, but I have some more specific preferences/situation that I'm hoping you guys can help me out with.I have zero experience in web dev or programming and I'm trying to build a (mechanically very simple) multiplayer game with not more than 10 players. I've been learning HTML/CSS/JS for two weeks and have some ability to write algorithms, as well as have set up very basic interactive web pages, but no knowledge of back end or how to handle the data, send and receive it via web sockets or anything. Whenever I search up 'learn back end' or 'learn node/express' all the top answers say to just start writing code - I would love to do this and already have my project in mind, the reason I'm learning all of this, but I physically don't know how to begin. Lots of resources assume prior knowledge of web dev principles/other back end languages and frameworks, which I don't have.I can't learn from videos at all, which is a major reason why I'm asking here. I learn best from written resources. Can anyone recommend written resources for absolute beginners on back end, taught using Node/Express?Thanks for your help.

Submitted March 26, 2020 at 03:47PM by NotHarryEnten

No comments:

Post a Comment