Friday 27 March 2020

SocketIO server works fine on Heroku but on Amazon Beanstalk it randomly receives duplicate messages. Why?

I want to move my SocketIO app to Amazon because Heroku randomly restarts it and this is not tolerable.It works, except it receives duplicate messages randomly from the client. Which I assume means the server is sometimes failing to confirm to the client that a message was received, so the client is sending it again.I know this is happening by looking at the logs.It also randomly sends an incomplete portion of a message (or at least, the server receives an incomplete portion of it.Does anyone have any idea where I should begin looking to solve this? How does SocketIO "know" that the environment is different when it's hosted on Amazon to cause this bug?The client is SocketIO-client running on Node, by the way.

Submitted March 27, 2020 at 12:47PM by MelerEcckmanLawler

No comments:

Post a Comment