Saturday 28 March 2020

Having trouble opening up node?

Hi all,I’m very new to coding and programming, but I was looking for some help. I used home brew to download the latest version of node on my MacBook. My terminal says it’s installed but not linked, and when I try to link it, it says this:Error: Could not symlink include/node/common.gypi Target /usr/local/include/node/common.gypi already exists. You may want to remove it: rm '/usr/local/include/node/common.gypi'To force the link and overwrite all conflicting files: brew link --overwrite nodeTo list all files that would be deleted: brew link --overwrite --dry-run nodeI’m not sure what this means, or if it’s potentially related to my main issue, which is that node refuses to open: I’ve tried to open it using node -v as I’ve seen on the Internet, but it keeps saying the command isn’t found.

Submitted March 28, 2020 at 05:15PM by blirbo

No comments:

Post a Comment