Sunday 29 March 2020

Front end, Back end and CAS authentication.

I'm a coop student and I have been tasked with getting a concept up and running with modern technologies. Currently the company has about 10 different applications, 4 or 5 different frameworks, and with the front end and back ends bundled together in each application.In my concept I would like to use an express API back end and a Vue.js front end. Eventually if this works then the plan would be to convert every application to use the same framework. However, the company uses CAS to authenticate everything. Unfortunately, I don't how I would get both the front end and back end to authenticate using CAS.If I was just using a front end and a back end then the front end would send the back end the username and password and validate that. However, the back end doesn't know that information. It has data for each user but knows nothing about their passwords.I do know somewhat how CAS works. And I can get the front end authenticated. But how can I authenticate the back end for a specific user?

Submitted March 29, 2020 at 04:04PM by OhMyGodBeckyLooky

No comments:

Post a Comment