Thursday 22 November 2018

Creating pdf documents with node

Hi,​I have a letter saved as word document that i currently fill with certain fields for each user i have in my system. I do this manually and then save it as a pdf before sending it in an email.​I am developing a MEAN stack app that can send emails etc and store all the users for my system, and now want to start generating these letters at the backend automatically. The options I have come across so far would be creating pdf or templates using npm Javascript libraries or html. This is fine if i have one doc but if i plan on having more in the future, creating this template for each doc is quite time consuming. Is there a way in node to open a word doc replace place holders and then save as a pdf or something similar, so that i could use word to create templates rather than hard coding templates. (or any other interesting solution for that matter)​Thanks

Submitted November 22, 2018 at 12:35PM by arthurlc1

No comments:

Post a Comment