Monday 26 November 2018

Help with P2P (new to node and network programming)

Hello. I am in need of help. I study CS and need to make a P2P Hangman game. For starters, I have never programmed a P2P application nor a network program in general. I chose node because I thought it would be ok to go with it as there are no restrictions to language. The only restriction is that I need to use sockets, no frameworks. I'm struggling to figure out how I am to create an only program which is a potential server and client at the same time (that's what I understand from P2P). The first thing is... How am I to check if an instance of the program is the first to be executed or if there's another one (so that the first may open a connection to a server on a specific port)? Also, any great advice on network programming, P2P and node is welcome.

Submitted November 26, 2018 at 03:59PM by supmadud

No comments:

Post a Comment