Wednesday 28 November 2018

Can/should I outsource a login system with Node? Or should I do it myself?

I'm no security expert. I have basic knowledge of salting, hashing, two factor authentication, but I've never built a properly secure login system before.I'm building a website that will involve a user login system (no financial info involved), and I want to make sure it's done right. Are there cloud services or something similar that I can use to outsource this portion of my website? I love the idea of Facebook login, I use it a lot myself, but not everyone wants to do that or even still has Facebook for that matter. I may still offer that but I don't want to rely on it.Or perhaps I'm over thinking it. Is it as simple as using a secure hashing algorithm like BCRYPT on the password and be done with it? I'm not in the industry, just a hobbyist, so I don't know what the "standards" for security are. The only confidential information my database would store are password hashes.If anyone has any resources they would like to share, it would be much appreciated!

Submitted November 28, 2018 at 04:17PM by PM_ME_A_WEBSITE_IDEA

No comments:

Post a Comment