Thursday 19 July 2018

What is the difference between all the GraphQL Server libraries in NodeJS?

Hi I am a relatively new NodeJS developer and I want to learn GraphQL. As the title says, I am a bit confused with all the NodeJS packages for GraphQL, there are literally so many to choose from and searching online I got more and more confused as to which are native libraries, which are different flavors, which are helper libraries, etc.What is the difference between grapqhql, graphql-tools, apollo-server-express, apollo-server-core, graphql-middleware, graphql-yoga...Essentially I have a microservice which communicates with 3 other services and a datastore to stitch information together and serve it out. I wanted the flexibility for clients to cherry pick the exact response they want. Right now I am using express as my primary framework, but I didn't want to learn graphql just for express. I wanted to use this project to understand how to implement graphql in general across different frameworks.Any help, criticism, advice would be appreciated. Thanks guys

Submitted July 20, 2018 at 05:51AM by marauderpadfoot

No comments:

Post a Comment