Wednesday 25 July 2018

Child query for each record in parent query using mssql

I am trying to figure out the most efficient way to do the following using Node.JS and node-mssql. I want an end result that looks like this: { movie_id: '1234', name: 'Hereditary', countries: [ "Canada", "United States", "Australia" ] }, { movie_id: '1235', name: 'Rosemarys Baby', countries: [ "Canada" ] } My tables look like thismovies: movie_id | name --------------------- 1234 | Hereditary 1235 | Rosemarys Baby movie_countries: id | movie_id | country --------------------- 1 | 1234 | Canada 2 | 1234 | United States 3 | 1234 | Australia 4 | 1235 | Canada So far, I've tried several of the different examples from mssql's Github page. I am able to get the results from the "movies" table, but I'm getting stuck when trying to get the countries for each movie.Any ideas as to what the best practices are?

Submitted July 25, 2018 at 07:47PM by TwoNegatives-

No comments:

Post a Comment