Saturday 28 July 2018

Best way to install Node.js on a new (macOS) computer

Hi, everyone,On my previous Mac I originally installed the binary from the Node.js website and then, after some time, moved to using nvm (and then n, as nvm was pretty slow when opening a new shell). I'm setting up a new Mac now and I'm wondering what's the best way to do it. I also recall, at one point, setting up a Mac where I installed the binary from the website and then brew was complaining that node had files in _/usr/local/include_. Not that it caused any problems or anything, though.I know I can also install via Homebrew. I understand that the answer is "do what's best for you" but I'm interested in some thoughts and opinions from others.Thanks!

Submitted July 28, 2018 at 08:12AM by bogguw

No comments:

Post a Comment