Tuesday 31 July 2018

Good resources for becoming a Node Developer from a PHP Developer?

I am looking at job opportunities right now and would ideally transition from a senior full stack LAMP developer to MEAN (or some node based stack). I think it would be a pretty easy transition and enable me to grow professionally because I am pretty experienced writing server side applications in PHP and have done a lot of front-end javascript, in many cases node modules that were browserified.I had a phone screen today with a company that seemed great - but I'm worried they may not want to pursue me because they need a node developer and I am really not one, despite having lots of experience that is pretty close and a good knack for learning new things.I feel like the biggest challenge in the transition would be dealing with concurrency issues which I grasp conceptually but haven't had to deal with in real life.Does anyone have any suggestions for trying to improve my skills and knowledge a bit so that i'd be more desirable to a node shop?I feel like the obvious answer is to just build an application in node but I am also in the middle of a personal project to build up my experience with AWS so I want to get further along in that project first and my current job leaves me little free time for the last month or two.Something more like a book or just general advice from people who've made a similar transition would be very helpful.

Submitted August 01, 2018 at 06:02AM by _unicorn_irl

No comments:

Post a Comment